HEAR: Community experts on Pacifica’s homeless.
WHEN: Wednesday, 9/30/20, 7PM – YouTube replay on Pacific Coast TV
WHO: Speakers are
- Anita Rees, Executive Director of Pacifica Resource Center,
- TBA from San Mateo County,
- Pastor Paul Bains, Project WeHope,
and video interviews of Pacifica residents by Alexandra Lacey.
- San Mateo County had a 127% increase in “RV homeless” between 2017-2019.
- There is no homeless shelter on the coast.
- The most common reason for living in a motorhome is loss of housing.
- Nearly 60% of surveyed Pacifica homeless identified their prior residence as Pacifica or a neighboring town.
- The homeless are 5 times more likely to contract and become seriously ill with COVID 19.
- We are likely to experience a 2nd wave of COVID during the fall/winter flu season.
- As of 9/14/20, Pacifica City Council has declined support for a Safe Parking Program on city streets and lots, or private church lots.
WATCH, LEARN, and ENGAGE